Friday, September 02, 2005

Might get on down to Nicaragua.

Dang so I been real interested in takin' just a me trip lately, down on south to potentially Nicaragua. There was this pamphlet in the free magazine that comes on Thursdays and it was all about Nicaragua, where apparently you can just have as fine a day as can be cold eating a crispy grilled fish in a pretty affordable resort, tasty Huamototchil sauce on the fish (rich brown sauce with olives), maybe even a personal waiter who waits out of sight but is always mindful of when you need more water or another Modelo. In my vision of me doing this I have on an easygoing white short-sleeve button-up shirt and some huaraches with the sole made outta old tire tread.

Normally I would not take much direction from pamphlets in the free magazine that comes on Thursdays but I guess this one piqued me 'cause I been feelin' a little bit like I ain't exercisin' my right to move freely about the earth much lately.

Anyhow I got a little Spanish goin' on from high school and I figure if you can say the following phrases you can get by without gettin' done up too bad:

¿Cuanto para un cuarto para un señor?
How much for one room for one single man.

¿Donde Ud. piense que esta el luego mejor de los bien cena? No hablo de una restaurante muy caro. Quiero una restaurante con el sabor y ingredientes honéstes.
So, where do you think the best dinner in town is? I'm not talking about an expensive restaurant. I want a restaurant with good value at an honest price. [lightly pound fist twice over heart, purse lips, and nod with sincere eyes]

El conducidor del taxi tenié muchos verrugas. Tenia Ud. <<Handi-Wipes?>>
That cab driver had all kinds of warts. Can you give me some handi-wipes?

Anyhow man I mean this is just a dalliance at this point but I am already imagining all kinds of not being bothered plus a big grilled skirt steak for dinner. Since their economy is basically Sunday mornin's Friday fish I think I could do it up even halfway decent and not get a motel where there are constant drug gang chainsaw murders in the showers in the rooms on either side of mine.