Saturday, October 02, 2004

The ol' lead balloon

Molly did not like the idea of moving into Ray's pool house. She thinks it's weird to have a friend be your landlord. I pointed out that Ray is usually off in his own world and that last night I saw him doing the "bird is the word" dance in full scuba gear at the bottom of his pool. That didn't really change her mind one way or the other but then I made the mistake of telling her about the missile that Ray is leasing and she put her foot down. I guess I wouldn't want to live with a guy who had a missile either, if I was a lady.

So much for free rent...back to the drawing board. Looks like I'm going to have to start doing more freelancing, like teaching suckers at night school how to open Microsoft Excel and then that it is okay to close it again.